117 views
Verified Reviewer

I just discovered they lost all of the pictures we took of my daughter's first few years of life. I think we have some of them printed but everything else is irretrievably lost.

I'm devastated. We'd had pics backed up on both a computer (that got infected with malware that damaged many pic files a few years ago) and a separate back up drive that was corrupted about a year ago... so no more back ups. I went to Winkflash, hoping I could download a few photos from there, and was told "sorry, your pictures were all lost when the old owners went bankrupt...

how about store credit for Winkflash?" I don't understand why I received no notification that this website was going out of business so I could secure my photos.

And I remember first calling them, before ever uploading my pics about 10 years ago, and the customer service rep telling me that "for sure, the company would be in touch with me if they were to ever go out of business so you can retrieve your pictures..." Yeah right!! I'm so mad.

Reason of review: Lost over 400 pictures when first owners suddenly (and quietly) went bankrupt, without warning customers that ALL customers' pics were being trashed!!.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

WinkFlash Cons: That they were not reliable and lost all of my photos, Disappearance of my photos, Customer service.

Location: League City, Texas